So just a few weeks ago, I had allowed myself to slump back into laziness. Not physical-laziness. Not mental-laziness. But let's just call it style-laziness.
To me, it was some kind of a feat (or perhaps just an excuse to be a downright sloth) that I made myself wear the same pair of jeans for an entire month. And with nearly the same t-shirt.
So right now I am desperately trying to inspire myself.
1. Lady Gaga
Of all the people, I have to choose a hermaphrodite with an aversion to pants. I surprise myself sometimes.



But she inspires me. She makes me want to be bold and daring with my style and build a wardrobe full of crazy pieces, just for the heck of it. Although I would never wear a sheer jumpsuit with Scotchtape on my nipples or stiletto-collared jackets, I do see myself dressing more differently than everyone else with an attitude towards fashion that I've always had but never showed.
2. Pussycat Dolls
In this case I am talking about their first album. Before they went all latex and BDSM lingerie-crazy. They wore cool spunky outfits, with a clear American cool to it.

3. The 80s
My favorite era of that millenium. The era where neon was acceptable and fashion brought out the rebel in everyone. Rock of all forms was the soundtrack of this decade and men and women were borrowing style ideas from each other.
And the hair was bigbigbig. Everyone had closer-to-god manes and a bad hair day simply meant flat hair.
And there were so many colors. All at one time. People were daring, people were bold. When it came to fashion, the only thing people of the time were afraid of was the lack of creativity.
And that's why I love it. I love the excessive makeup. I love the big hair. I love the rebellious music.


I love the 80s.
4. This awesome website.
I have never seen so many colours. So many clothes. So many things to buy.

I need to make a list of things to buy right now.
- A party top
- A skirt
- A party dress
- Shooze
- Black and red nail polish that lasts more than a month
- Scarf
- And THAT Chanel handbag.
And at this time my dear readers, I am totally inspired.
And at this time my dear readers, I am totally inspired.
Cheers.

No comments:
Post a Comment