You sad, sad people.
I guess it's quite an accomplishment for me to have reached a hundred posts. I think I started out with me falling into danger, and somewhere after that falling out of it. And up until now, they have been alternating between self-destruction, amazingly beautiful men, why the human race has been programmed to suck and how I complain about everything that is good.
Like I said. You sad, sad people.
Anyway.
Today officially marked the final day. Final day for ... everything really. Everything new in my life for the past few months. Things that I know I didn't think I would have missed in the beginning but are the few things I want to keep with me as memories for a pretty long time.
Perhaps that's how you make a memory. It's not those long and random moments of sanity that you want to remember. It's the ones that are seconds long but worth a lifetime. The ones where you didn't know what you were thinking, but glad you did it anyway. The moments with the ones who are going to appreciate it as much as you will.
And that marks the end. We all embrace each other in one final curtain call, and then vanish. Never to be seen by the other again, unless fate insists we cross paths.
It's pretty upsetting. To meet new people, realise you like them, get attached to them, fall in love with them, miss them, arrive at some definitive point in your life where you are forced away from them, miss them some more, curse fate, and then lapse into depression until you start the cycle again.
So, technically we're only halfway done.
This may be the only time I will admit it, but these few months have been one of the insane rides ever. From emotional disease to a complete revolution and finally bonding with those whom you appreciate. Boy, am I going to miss them. Somehow they have fashioned a small space in my heart for themselves and are not going to leave until they find something more interesting.
They have helped me grow. They have helped me see things I am not able to myself. They have helped me realise that the end is not really an end.
And they listen.
It's so important to me that a friend LISTENS. Yes, it seems like something that typically comes with the package, but you won't believe how many faulty packages exist. And it's most crucial because I don't have time to listen to myself.
And they believe in me.
Because I don't do for myself either. A waste of time really. Why put your faith in something that doesn't reach expectations? Why invest in something with no returns? Why fucking bother?
(That is also a reason why I need people to do that for me.)
So what have we established?
1. I have awesome friends.
2. My friends truly care about me.
3. I truly care about my friends.
4. We're all going to grow apart starting now.
Don't you just hate me for putting a damper on everything.
Happy 100th Post. To me.
Cheers.
*To my friends. (Well, the only ones who read my blog.) I might not get the chance to say this in person, primarily because of my rotten memory, so here goes.
I am really thankful for the lot of you. These past months could have been hell for me, but you decided against that by being there for me when I needed you. I am especially grateful for the ones who read my blog on the regular. Just makes me feel a little better inside that me sitting behind this screen, frantically tapping at keys and editingeditingediting is not in vain. I want you to know now that I type these posts for your reading pleasure, so thank you.
As soppy as this sounds, you guys make me happy spending time with you. Also, it makes me forget how much money I'm spending with you.
And above all, I realise that I am capable of having people care about me. And that my personality doesn't suck that much. And that you like me for who I am.
Thanks.
*Editors - Bullets (This band is the SEX.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment