Friday, June 26, 2009

4 More Things.

Well, not really.

But let's continue.

Prom had ended a half hour before midnight, leaving me feeling ... well, no different. Just a little bit hungrier and a bit more bored. But it also came down to the moment of truth. The moment I had been waiting for since I had even realised I was going for this blah event. The moment that would determine how awesome this night would be for me.

So I danced away my worries for a little while to some random ethnic beats until the moment arrived.

To reveal my deepest darkest secret and stay in line with the law, or to keep it locked in and risk an embarassing conflict?

Hmm. A dilemma indeed.

It turned out you don't need ID to get the free pass, and I dutifully exchanged mine for the chance of a lifetime. Ooh, this was so exciting! I was holding a free illegal pass to one of the hottest nightclubs in town. Literally, this is the KING of fake IDs.

But WAIT. Another dilemma arose at this point. Might they need my real age at the entrance? Fuck. I might never be able to fulfill this. And I gazed at my free pass with the biggest puppy eyes.

So I manipulated this situation - I used a TEST subject. Namely a friend of mine old enough to enter the club. And she passed without them asking for any form of identity proof. Suddenly a little beam of hope surged through me.

You can do this, babe.

And I walked in ala Lady Gaga, unfazed by the imaginary camera flash. And I handed my free pass to the bouncer.

-Cue weird heartbeat sound-

He took it and looked away. Far away. And I walked through, got a free drink pass, a stamp on my wrist and a dream come true.

And from this point on I was drowning in ecstasy.

I walked up those wooden steps, and as I got to the top I could hear it. Louder and louder. Closer and closer. I couldn't see it, but I could feel it. I was near.

And once the bouncer let me through, I wanted to cry. I literally wanted to break down in the sea of people and bawl my eyes out.

Why? Because mama, I was home.

I had never felt so complete in my life. It was as if I had found a piece of myself I had left behind in the afterlife, or that had been taken away from me in my past life. It was as if I had found that little jigsaw piece that I needed so badly to complete my puzzle to happiness.

And I found it.

The leader of the crowd, aka resident DJ, was in this large black box spinning non-stop, and there was a literal sea of people in the pit jumping to the music. Sluts were gyrating against each other on platforms within the pit, and there was confetti and smoke and love in the air. And there were people (hot hot people) hanging off the balconies, and bouncing so hard to the beats. And the music, oh the music was so loud I could feel it in my heart. My heart was beating to the music. And there were flashing lights, green blue red purple white, all synchronised with the music. And people were making out and touching and dry humping and making love to the music and ...

I was so happy.

Just imagine that you just find out you're adopted and you have one night, just one night to meet your biological parents. Same thing. I should seriously live in a club. I could not stop dancing and waving my arms and sliding up and down walls. I was just so happy to be home.

Meanwhile I have found my future clubbing partner. Holla to you Brian. Same time next year, we're going back home, baby.

Anyway, the night had to end. My back and neck were screaming out, and I had already said goodnight to my feet a long time ago. I also had a very late (yet terribly early) curfew to make. I waltzed back into my house, physically drained and mentally pumped. With a memory for a lifetime.

One more year, baby.

Till I'm back home.

Cheers.

No comments: