Friday, January 1, 2010

He's A Jolly Good Fellow.

And he better love me this year.

Last year, I was so excited with the whole new year shebang that I came up with not one, but three posts about ringing it in. This year, I was so caught up in myself and the company that I completely forgot to post my final send-off to the year that was. So hopefully dear readers, I hope you can forgive me for my incredible sense of punctuality and read this post as if it was fresh off the press.

So. What was the year that was ... about?

Quite basically, it started off with exams. One of the biggest challenges I have faced so far, if I may add, and bringing home superb results just meant to me that I can do anything if I try hard enough. The problem was : trying hard enough.

Then I think the month after that infatuation hit me like a speeding bullet (both fast and unwanted) but thankfully it never became anything more. Another year of mental degradation was all I needed, yes.

More exams followed, and this time I was definitely less prepared than I could have been. My birthday came next, and the week after I had one of the most fantastic experiences so far : dancing all night long in a world famous club, illegally.

Doing it legally would have cancelled out half the fun.

My results were out soon after, and then it was tension-filled all the time up to my flight.

And the days after that were just a blur, floating by me. I still wake up everyday thinking I am in a dream. I pinch myself, harder and harder each time, just so that it can wake me from this cruel curse that I have been thrown into.

But slowly I will come to terms with the fact that this is not a dream. I am really here. With family. With new friends. With a new part of my life. I will come to terms with the fact that I am literally on my own now. That I have to make my own choices. That I am responsible for what I choose. That I make my own life path.

And that was the year for me.

This year, I don't want to make any resolutions. I don't want to decide things for myself. I just want to hope that good things will happen for me, and I will not have suffer through anything unfavourable. That I will begin to get noticed and stop watching others get what I can't have. That I will find someone who cares for just as much as I care for them. That I will find loyal comrades to enjoy all my mad escapades with (if I have not found them already.) That I will focus on my work and my exams and not fail myself. That I will love my family as much as they love me.

And that I will never give up on expressing myself creatively, no matter what other people dictate.

So raise your glass with hope in my name and have a blessed year ahead.

Cheers.

No comments: