I haven't done this in a while, so I thought it's about time. I present to you, my Christmas buys of 2009.
1. Quilted Panel Skirt from Miss Selfridge
My obsession with the pencil skirt is as strong as ever, and here I am racking up my very own collection of them. What can I say? A tug here, a tug there - and it defines you into the perfect female shape. Not to mention this slinky black one has quilting and corset detailing.
2. ________ Dress from Miss Selfridge
This adorable day dress is a past trend, but I'm not defying any principles. I hate trends, you know that right, and I would not be caught following one. This item is nowhere to be seen on the website (because it's a ghost item!)* so here's a similar one from Topshop. I have this one in satin, but replace the pattern on the bottom half with paint swabs.
3. Slouchy Grey Knit Mohair Cardigan from River Island
This by far my pride and joy of the year. Mohair gives it the edge, and the scrap wool in various colours knitted in with the grey rows is just genius! Again I can't find the image on the website, so I'll have to settle for this one from Topshop. It's quite similar, and yet very different. The texture and the mohair is exactly the same, but it's grey and sits on your shoulders like a poncho, rather than a proper cardigan, all the while still being a cardigan. Get it?
Ah, go figure.
4. Black playsuit from Bershka
Since moving here, I have become the lover of two : H&M, my Swedish sexybeast and Bershka, my Spanish sexybeast. Speaking of sexybeasts, would you check out the sales assistants at Bershka? They are spazzingly hot, let me tell you.
So I've always wanted to see how a playsuit/jumpsuit would look on me, and loe behold - not bad at all. It also helps that this was on sale. The one I have is similar to this, but it's a smocked bandeau front, without the bow.
5. The over-sized white shirt from Bershka
It's a wardrobe essential. Enough said. I have the same one, except the buttons go straight down, instead of hanging around at the side.
6. Cowl-neck black knit sweater from H&M
I had to have something with a cowl-neck. And it basically always has to be short. And because it's cold at the moment (it's snowing outside as I type!) I have to make an effort to cover up. This exact one, but in black.
I have so many more to show you, but there's only one me! (Ha-ha.) And to those who have now lumped me together with those girls who have nothing better to do with their time and money and talk about how their next purchase was more expensive than the last, while quoting designer labels all throughout, go suck it. Because each item I have presented here was bought on sale or was well within my budget.
Y'all ha'ers juz trippin' aite.
Cheers.
* So funny story, right. I was prepared to pay XX amount for this dress and told myself that I would not spend this much again on clothes in one go. At the cashier, she tells me my total is four times less than I thought it would have been. So I end up paying X amount for it (single digits!) and no, you don't question the cashier when she asks for less than what you thought you were going to give up. Who knows, maybe she's a lesbian and wants a back rub later.
And then I come home to look for this item on the shop's website and it's not there! So then I thought how could I have paid in single digits for a dress that used to be six times that amount, and not find it on the website later?
Ooh spooky.

No comments:
Post a Comment