I Am Ghost is Panic At The Disco gone bad.
It is the latest band discovery of mine, and probably the most fruitful since Escape The Fate. I can safely say that this band has more talent than any other deeply - underground band I've heard so far.
The band is headed by Steven Juliano (lead/vocals), Timoteo Rosales III (bass/vocals), Ron Ficcaro (lead guitar), Justin McCarthy (drums) , and Chad Kulengosky (rhythm guitar/back-up vocals). They have former members Kerith and Brian Telestai, Ryan Seaman, Gabe Iraheta and Victor Angel Camarena.
I'm gonna skip the long biography and the he-saids she-saids and get straight to the review.
Two words : Fucking awesome.
The vocals. Mind-blowing. And Z-o-m-g ... If there is anyone who sounds exactly like Brendon Urie - and I never figured there would be - this is him. The Brendon - voice twin. But Steven manages to add just that little bit of hardcore attitude into it and turn into something phenomenal. Not to mention the blood-curdling screamo. Steven Juliano knows how to rock a microphone.
The melody. Completely original. I have never heard anything like their sound. It's a thick melange of speedy rhythms and harsh rifts that bring this band up to a level completely owned by them. The bass (a must-have in a song) is so powerful, you cannot help but turn up the volume. You've got to let it control you.
The drums. OhMyGod. IAG reinvents the use of the double bass pedal. The awesomely fast drum beats gets you so pumped that sometimes it just isn't loud enough.
The theme. My favorite part. I'm sorry, people, but I am in love with vampires, death and their rising. This band has established themselves around a totally solid source of ideas. Not having enough ideas flowing is not an excuse, IAG. Their songs typically revolve around sordid tales of freakshows at carnivals, vampires living among us, and the inevitable element of the dead and their eventual rising. IAG lives up to their name, and deals with the paranormal - expertly.
IAG OWNS MACABRE HARDCORE.
And now a Hate message : To the assholes and douchebags who stand up and support fucking retarded bands that can't carry a tune and perform the same bass rifts throughout the songs on every album, stop fucking up IAG. Kerith had a beautiful voice. If Kerith left because of poor health, then all that happens is we lose one important element of the band. The band does not lack anything and sounds just as great with their new members. And the band is certainly not gay. The only fuckers who are gay are the ones who grow long unkempt hair and do nothing else but swing them in circles throughout shows.
Wow. I guess all I have to do is hold my guitar and swing my long hair to have wimp fans hailing me then.
All you fucked-up shits go around living for lame bands that lack all meaning and vibe and diss the good ones. You don't have any idea what music sounds like. Does fart also sound hardcore to you then? Why - it's the same monotonous rift you like to listen to.
Tell you what - Go Touch Yourselves. It's more productive than being bitched - up fags.
Phew. Sorry, I was mad. http://www.musicianforums.com/review_27507
Anyway, I Am Ghost - I love their new ideas, and the direction changes they have undergone. It's true, it's all about playing for yourselves, and not worrying what people say about your music, and playing the music that you want to hear.
That's what makes a band truly underground.
By saying Fuck You to haters, and loving the music you play. And not worrying about mainstream jerk-offs who listen to the Jonas Brothers in between your music and criticise constantly because they don't sound like a Miley Cyrus-Britney Spears orgasm.
Stay underground IAG, and the true fans will follow.
I already am.
-No comment-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Tash.
I happen to listen to the Jonas Brothers between IAG songs.
...
ANYWAY.
I feel your pain.
):
I read that, and now this Brent Stephenson kid is on my...
Well.
To say more would be giving it away.
btw!
tagged you in my last post!
(:
now go do it.
Is on your what?
IS ON YOUR WHAT??
Pri ... !!
Post a Comment