OK OK OK. So this is making me super excited and I am going to try to explain this to you guys without spazzing out and leaving you to die from suspense. Although for LXJ I think she needs it, because revenge is sweet.
Anyway. So, are you all ready for my plan?
Of course you are. I bet all of you are dying to slap me for doing this. But I do like to play with fire.
Now, I want you all to think of how couples get their wedding presents. For all those who are completely alien to chick-flicks and beautiful stories of love and romance, they use a wedding registry. If not for which, I fear what would happen to weddings all across the globe.
Imagine a couple being gifted with a god-awful picture of vomit, because it's 'artistic'. Or a set of cutlery consisting of knorks (a combined knife and fork - I saw it on Jay Leno!)
Or a cow - for that will feed the kids tons of milk.
God bless wedding registries. Anyway, I'm not getting married anytime soon (although if Gabe Saporta were to propose tomorrow this might all change.) This leads me to my diabolical plan.
Following in the footsteps of Rachel Green, I propose :
THE BIRTHDAY REGISTRY.
-Awaits the clap/standing ovation-
So yes, I am setting up a birthday registry right here on this blog. Because I was just thinking the other day that I don't want a cow or knorks this year.
Not that I have received any before but hey, you never know.
I haven't gotten a list yet, but I promise that by May I will have a complete one of lovely gifts for you to pick from. Also, me being skeptical all the time anticipates the event in which I might not receive any gifts, because the economy is in the toilet and people may just basically not be very fond of me then.
But oh well.
So the plan is I put up little registry entries into random blog posts as and when an idea comes about, but at the end I would have compiled the whole thing for you guys. When each of you have chosen what you want to get me, please help me cross it off by using a different name and telling me which gift you have selected. This is so that I don't get the same gift twenty times.
Like so : [FAKE NAME]
Hey. That cow idea is growing onto me.
My first two entries to the list :
1. The FRIENDS DVD Box Set (Seasons 1-10, or any one)
2. A cow. To be named Duck.
Told you it was diabolical.
Cheers.

No comments:
Post a Comment