Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stage.

I have never won anything in my life. Ever.

Lucky draws, lotteries, special slogan-writing contests and I seem to have this twisted relationship - bad history, bad present and seemingly bad future.

I said seemingly.

About a month ago, I entered myself into this corny newspaper-issued Why-I-deserve-This-Gift contest in which I was allowed to choose which prize I wanted. I could have just picked anything really - the porcelain bowl, the salt and pepper shaker, anti-ageing cream, the pack of mud, a cosmetics hamper from Stage, Evian water ...

WAIT. Hold up.

Stage Cosmetics hamper? Stage Cosmetics Hamper. Hamper. Cosmetics.

Stage. That pretty black store with wooden flooring and wide open shelves of cosmetics. The one where rows and rows of tubes and brushes and tips and liners and colours fill the spaces. Where there are flourescent stage bulbs all around the mirrors like the ones you see in classic showbiz.

The place where they sell things to make you pretty.



And I won.

I won the Stage Cosmetics Hamper, worth 6 weeks of allowance. I won the whole goddamn hamper. Because of a stupid slogan, that I came up with in two seconds.

I've got to tell you - it's the best feeling in the world to know that you've won something. I would have had pretty pictures of the contents if it weren't for the fucked Photobucket which buggered up my darling computer, so here are stolen pictures of the internet. Original, eh?

Here's my prize.

Stage Wondergloss.

Stage Eye Shadow Mono in Bordeaux.


Stage Nail Color in Luscious.

Stage Cheek Color in ... well, that color.

Stage Drama Lash Amplifying Mascara.


And Stage Eyeliner - which just looks like a stick of eyeliner.

Honestly, this is all very pretty stuff. Especially the eyeshadow. So, people - strive to write good 2-second slogans!

Maybe luck does seem to find me after all.

Cheers.

No comments: