Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What Is With The Dandy Warhols?


The Dandy Warhols are profound.

People send me links on MSN, and I have to admit - I do sometimes ignore them, because they either lead me to people who sing happy things, people who sing in another language, or people who are just plain boring.

Never have I had a link lead me to a drugged-out, psychadelic band as such.

The song starts out with an interesting bass drum beat, but not enough to stop me from reaching for the X button. And just then :

You got a great car
Yeah, what's wrong with it today.
I used to have one too
Maybe you'll come and have a look
I really love your hairdo yeah
I'm glad you like mine too
See we're looking pretty cool getcha
Cause I like you
Yeah I like you
And I'm feeling so bohemian like you
Yeah I like you
Yeah I like you
And I feel so wahoo woo.

And I was converted.

I would never in a million years have thought that something so hippy-like could convert me.

Me. The LadyGaga-Basshunter-Skream-Cobra Starhsip-Paramore-Judas Priest-Escape The Fate-Porcelain and The Tramps-M.I.A.-Mayday Parade-I Am Ghost ... (deep breath) ...

... die -hard fan would be so completely in love and (now bordering) obsessed with a hippie, drug-driven band. It just makes me want to throw on a really long flowery cotton skirt, a white puffed-sleeve blouse, and bedeck myself in Mardi Gras beads and Indian bangles and just float across the floor in a sort of spectre-like state, mumbling the words of the song with my head thrown back to the sky.

And a joint hanging out of my mouth, of course.
Another thing. This band is not one of those stand-offish types that don't really want to care about their fans eventhough they profess they do or the kinds that run off into armoured vehicles while they finish their last song. Neither are they the other types that hate meeting fans when they're let through security consisting of twelve bodyguards, a baggage scanner, a metal - detector and a steel - inforced brick wall.
This band stays around to eat. And they don't care if you came in to join them.

And you know what makes the band EVEN cooler? I have never heard of a name so cool as :

Courtney Taylor-Taylor.



That is the gorgeous Courtney Taylor-Taylor. And because you can't see it - he has shiny green eyes. Don't believe me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgjZK46_uw

Now go get busy being bohemian like me.

Cheers.

No comments: