Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'll Have My Dark-Hunter and Eat Off Him Too.

Also Weres, Demis and Gods.

Before I begin my extremely self-indulgent post, I'd like the clear a few things. Those who know me well enough also know that I am extremely passionate about the Dark-Hunter series, the only other one being the late Sidney Sheldon. If you guys are still in the midst of solving the enigma I have developed here, I mean to say that I can't tolerate people who don't give a shit about it when they read it.

I mean firstly - how could you completely disregard pronounciation of their names? Their names are enough for an orgasm itself. And I cannot understand how people's emotions cannot get shaken by this book! Everytime I read a new one, I eat, sleep and dream Dark-Hunters.

It is not just another book, people. It is my life path. My life path to search, dig and hunt that Dark-Hunter and marry him.

(SPOILER ALERT!)

Moving on, I have just finished Acheron's book. And oh-dear-me. I never thought Acheron would be one to hook up with somebody - and even so, not someone as low-key as ... let's call her X. And his mum, the ever beautiful Apollymi was so sweet in the end!

(SPOILER OVER!)

And I was so overcome by the entire story I wanted to cry. The way the story was told, the moments when you thought all hope was gone and then suddenly you just want to scream out in joy. And oh goodness, the people whom you thought you hated at first, completely turn your impression around, making you love them as much as you despised them. It was all so ... amazing.

And now it makes me wonder. Do they really exist? Are there really Atlantean gods and Were-Animals that live among us? Do these dark, muscled men with hearts of gold really walk on the same ground we do? Is there really an irreversible curse that could end the world with just one slip of fate?

I mean, think about it. These guys are gorgeous. Complete walking machines of beauty. I quote : every molecule of muscle is RIPPED. And they have the most gorgeous lustrous hair and the most tawny skin and the best asses and man-chests ever created by a higher power (literally!) And finally, bodies you just want to savour - OK, I'll cut the crap - fuck like mad.

On top of that (which I'd like to be,) I have never seen purer hearts than the ones that exist inside them. They risk their lives, not to mention the entire world, for the comfort of their loved ones. They've never told a lie, never made a girl regret being with them, and never made her beg for them. And you know what? They love the girl for exactly who she is.

And you know what else? Come to think of it, I can't believe they exist. I really couldn't. There is no guy out there - I am convinced - who behaves like a Dark-Hunter. Much less, look like one. We're just going to have to look for the ones who come really close.

But in the end, if there is someone out there like that for me, Hallelujah I'll die happy.

And very very satisfied. If you know what I mean.

Cheers.

No comments: