Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rehab Is Now Just A Song.

It's like I checked into rehab

Cos baby, you're my disease.

One of Rihanna's singles of her new album Good Girl Gone Bad is the song Rehab. No, this time it's not a highly - nasal, crack - inspired, 60's - type serenade from a girl to her father about how she can't live without her vices. This time, it's about that less-obvious drug we tend to live on (but not necessarily admit) : love.

The song itself has really awesome lyrics, with a sort of violin/guitar - like beginning, and a tambourine beat throughout it. Rihanna's voice - however digitally manipulated - turns it into something a little more than a passing number one track. The whole vibe of the song is sort of reminiscent of a bad past, and also full of intense regret. And also how at the time everything the guy to her, or for her - seemed just.

Sound familiar?

Yes, this is the song that got me over certain 'people'. And thank goodness this song ever came out, because until today, this is the only song I can fully relate to. At least 90%. And it helped me so much - thinking about the past as much as I could, so in the end the more I thought of it, the less sour it tasted. And singing it out loud made my head just a little lighter.

But right now, I have good news. This song had previously been tagged to bitter memories. But now, it's just a song. It's just a great song.

In fact, I did go to Rehab. I got rid of my disease.

And now in true celebrity fashion, I walk out, head held high, with paparazzi clinging to my heels trying their best to snap a picture of my underwear, or perhaps its absence.

Speaking of whom - go listen to Circus. Awesome song!

-No comment-

2 comments:

whypriyawhy said...

i love circus (:
i'll be all the rehab you need in a day!
:D

Neesh said...

I have a picture of your undies