So as the year draws to a close - at this point in 49 minutes - I guess it's time to get the resolutions out of the way. Yes, the ones we succeed in making, but fail in keeping.
An entire year has gone by before my eyes and I can't stop commenting how much so. We've had ups and downs throughout : turmoil in politics, economies (the worst yet), minds, hearts and lives. And a little closer to home, we've been on relationship, friendship and family roller coaster rides, where excitement overwhelmed us at the top, and vomit drowned us below.
I need to say this before I forget. We are ever - changing, ever - evolving. Our teenage years are the most crucial in our lives - the most exciting, and also one of the hardest. We figure out who we are, why we are that way, and try to solve mysteries far beyond our grasp. We learn from bitter relationships when they get broken, we make friends too fast and break them when they fail.
Basically what I am saying is, everything is evolving. When we are in an unhealthy relationship, we should know when to leave it. Similarly, if we are in a failed friendship - at the breaking point when the two just don't get along - it's time to give up and both parties have to accept it. And in the case of family, they are the only people who are going to be there when everything falls apart. You can never really hate them.
Where was I? Right, Resolutions.
1. Friendships - We will make and break them. We will never know if we'll be friends forever until the last moment.
2. Relationships - I have mentioned this in the previous post. But as always, leave it when you know all it's making you do is think HARD about it, and hurt badly. No relationship should have to be so hard.
3. Family - Stick around for them. They'll always be there until the end.
And finally, by the time you read this ...
Happy New Year, readers.
Thanks for reading my blog, and Cheers to another great year. What was it that Shakespeare said again? Your beauty encapsulated ... lines of sonnet ... forever as man can read/see ...
Ah well. I was never good at things written by dead people.
Simply speaking : As long as I am talking, the blog will keep on walking.
And that's going to be pretty long.
-Cheers-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment